These Terms and Conditions set out the terms of participation in the 2023 Create Reader Survey competition (the “Competition”).
- The promoter of the Competition is The Institution of Engineers Australia trading as Engineers Australia (“Engineers Australia”) (ABN 63 020 415 510), Engineering House, 11 National Circuit, Barton, ACT, Australia, Telephone No: 02 6270 6555.
- The Competition is a competition in which all survey participants are invited to respond to an additional, optional open-ended survey question at the end of the survey, which may give further insights into reader sentiment and attitude. Participants’ responses are reviewed and eleven winners are chosen to receive a shopping voucher (one x $500 grand prize shopping voucher, ten x $100 shopping vouchers).
- Entry to the Competition is free and open to Australian residents who meet the criteria in this Terms and Conditions and any promotional material (if applicable). An entrant must be an individual only. Organisations (including bodies corporate) are ineligible to enter. Individual entrants under 18 years of age must have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter the Competition. Employees of Engineers Australia, their immediate family members, employees of any company associated with Engineers Australia, any person associated with the Competition, and any individual associated with the provision of the prize(s), are not eligible to enter into this Competition.
- Entrants may enter the Competition once and win one prize. Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Engineers Australia may, in its discretion, refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant instructions (if any) on the Engineers Australia website (www.engineersaustralia.org.au) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- If an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify Engineers Australia. A request to modify any entry information should be directed to Engineers Australia. Engineers Australia does not guarantee that it will approve all requests to modify.
- The Competition opens at 00.01 on February 8th 2023 and closes at 23.59 on March 10th 2023 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. Engineers Australia do not accept any responsibility for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- To enter the Competition, you must:
a. participate in the survey;
b. respond to the additional, optional survey question; and
c. provide correct contact details.
- Failure to comply with the requirements in clause 7 will result in an invalid entry. Engineers Australia will not advise you if your entry is deemed invalid.
- The total prize pool value is $1,500. There are 11 prizes to be won. The prizes are:
Grand prize (x1)
Secondary prizes (x10)
- Each prize must be taken as is, and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be converted to or taken as cash. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
- If a prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, Engineers Australia, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Prizes will be awarded to the best entry or entries as judged in accordance with the following judging criteria. For the avoidance of doubt, chance plays no part in determining the prize winner or winners. The winners will be based on a review of the answers to the prize question (“What should EA do to improve public perceptions and recognition of the role engineers play in society?”) and will be chosen based on which answers the judges deem to be the best ideas put forward which Engineers Australia could use to improve public perceptions of the role of engineers in society.
- The judging of entries and the selection of prize winners will take place at 12.00 on 15th March 2023 at 369a Darling Street, Sydney, NSW 2041. The judging will be performed by a judge/panel of judges appointed by Engineers Australia. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry that, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content or does not meet the criteria of the Competition. The judges’ decisions are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner does not need to be present at the judging location. The winners will be notified by 23.59 on 20th March 2023 by email. Engineers Australia takes no responsibility where it is unable to contact prize winners who have not provided correct or complete contact details.
- Prizes will be emailed to the winners at the email address provided to Engineers Australia in this Competition after the close of the Competition. Engineers Australia will not be liable for any delay, damage, or loss in transit of prizes.
- Entrants are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings, and entrants should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize(s). Engineers Australia accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Entrants are responsible for any and all expenses that they incur in entering the Competition, and they will not be reimbursed regardless of whether or not they win the Competition.
- If there is any event that prevents or hinders Engineers Australia’s conduct of the Competition or Engineers Australia’s ability to deliver the prize/s to the prize winner/s of the Competition, including but not limited to vandalism, natural disasters, acts of God, any event that is considered an epidemic, pandemic, quarantine or any other event that is a public health risk as defined by the International Health Regulations published by the World Health Organization, civil unrest, strike, war, an act of terrorism and any act or declaration of the government made in respect of the above, or if the winner/s has not claimed or accepted the prize/s within 3 months of the winners being published, Engineers Australia may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions, or select another winner in accordance with clause 12.
- In the event that Engineers Australia decides to select another winner in accordance with clause 18, Engineers Australia will reselect the winner at 12.00 on 15th June 2023 at 369a Darling Street, Sydney, NSW 2041. The new winner/s will be notified by 23.59 on 20th June 2023 by email, and prizes will be delivered to the new winner/s in accordance with clause 15. If a prize is no longer capable of being redeemed, the new winner/s will receive a prize, as determined by Engineers Australia, of equivalent value (as if the original prize had been awarded to that person, less any administrative expenses incurred by Engineers Australia).
- Engineers Australia may in its absolute discretion not accept a particular entry, may disqualify an entry, or cancel the entire Competition at any time without giving reasons and without liability to any entrants. Without limiting this, Engineers Australia reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, prize claims and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry or prize claim that is misleading or not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who manipulates or tampers with the entry process. In the event that a winner breaches these Terms and Conditions, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole, and no substitute will be offered. Verification is at the discretion of Engineers Australia, whose decision is final. Failure by Engineers Australia to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- All entries become the property of Engineers Australia. As a condition of entering into the Competition, entrants agree to assign all their rights in and to their entry and any related content to Engineers Australia, including any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the entry and related content. Without limiting this, Engineers Australia may use entry content for any and all purposes, including commercial purposes. Each entrant warrants that the entry content is original, lawful and not misleading and that Engineers Australia’s use of such content will not infringe the rights of any third parties. The entrant agrees to indemnify Engineers Australia against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition. Engineers Australia has no obligation to credit the entrant as the author of any content submitted and may otherwise do any acts or omissions which would otherwise constitute an infringement of any moral rights the entrant may have as an author of the content.
- Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no circumstances will an entrant or Engineers Australia have any liability to the other for any loss or damage suffered which is indirect or consequential in nature, including without limitation any loss of profit, loss of reputation, loss of goodwill, or loss of business opportunity.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media network.
The Competition and these Terms and Conditioners will be governed by the laws of the State of Victoria. Entrants accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals of the State of Victoria in connection with disputes arising out of, or in relation to, the Competition.