From the Melbourne Metro Tunnel Project to micro-spikes that skewer bacteria and fungi, here are six innovative engineering projects we covered in 2023.
Innovation can arise from the most unexpected of places, and engineering projects don’t always end up where it’s thought they would at the start.
This year has seen numerous projects in construction, biotechnology, waste management and more that have pushed the boundary of possibility in Australia and abroad.
Here are six engineering projects underway or completed in 2023 that showcase the innovation, problem solving and out-of-the-box thinking evident across the engineering profession.
For more on the above projects, use the links below:
- Solving construction challenges on the Melbourne Metro Tunnel Project
- New bionic limb uses AI to decode motor commands
- New heights: Building Circular Quay’s latest skyscraper
- These tiny spikes skewer bacteria and fungi
- Small-scale biogas plants to fuel shopping centres
- These three companies are minimising the impact of plastic pollution in the world’s oceans