Abstracts close for the World Engineers Convention (WEC) 2019 on Friday 18 January.
The World Engineers Convention (WEC) 2019 is providing a unique opportunity for engineers and related professionals to submit an abstract and share their work, knowledge and skills on sustainable engineering.
The overarching focus for the event is Engineering a Sustainable World: The Next 100 Years. Engineers are at the heart of sustainable development and the Convention focuses on leadership and governance, innovation, sustainable cities and climate change, while also addressing the need for a more diverse profession and the capabilities that will be needed for the engineers of our future.
Abstracts are to be 300 words or less and can be technical or industry based. When submitting an abstract you must align to one of the six convention themes:
- How new technology and innovations are reshaping engineering
- Engineering for humanity: Responsive design for greater liveability
- Fostering diversity and inclusion
- Preparing the next generation of engineers
- Engineering leadership, governance and influence
- Our changing climate: Mitigation, resilience and adaptation
The program themes align with the 17 United Nationals Sustainable Development Goals, which address many global challenges including poverty, inequality and climate action.
Benefits of presenting at WEC 2019
Presenting at WEC carries with it a number of benefits, both personal and professional, including:
- professional recognition of your work;
- opportunity to present in front of some of the world’s greatest engineering minds;
- networking with world-renowned engineers and like-minded professionals;
- advancing the knowledge of the next generation of engineers;
- giving back to the engineering community; and
- helping explore issues affecting societies in both developed and developing nations.
WEC 2019 call for abstracts close on Friday 1 February 2019.To submit an abstract or to find out more, click here.
Leave a Reply